Qualification Highlights for Nikki Vrtis
- Over two decades of publishing experience with a variety of subjects and forms, such as general interest, religion, fiction, educational texts, games, magazines, newsletters, advertisements, catalogs, Web sites, and more.
- Publishing experience includes editing, indexing, proofreading, graphic design and layout, writing, research, copyfitting, style-guide creation, scanning, image manipulation, PDF creation and manipulation, and preparation of files for the printer.
- Own and proficient in various desktop publishing and word processing programs, including InDesign, QuarkXpress, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and others.
- Trained and supervised individuals on staff or as free-lancers at five companies.
- Experienced working as a free-lancer and in an office.
- Bachelor of Arts in English/Creative Writing and Natural Science, plus continuing education courses in graphic design software and technical writing.
- University presses, trade publishers, religious presses, game manufacturers, and many others—including John Wiley and Sons, Johns Hopkins University Press, Cambridge University Press, and Steve Jackson Games—have benefited from my experience.
When you have finished here, feel free to: